PRIVATE REINDEER HERDER TOUR
The reindeer herder tour!
If you are looking for an experience that will make your smile shine for the rest of the year!
Welcome to join our tour in Lapland!
Welcome to join our tour! Here in the heart of Lapland you can become a reindeer herder for a day. You get to ride a reindeer sleigh behind a reindeer in the wonderful winter landscape, feed the reindeer and eat delicious food. You are invited to be a part of the Sámi people real life. Afterwards, we gather around the open fire in lávvun (lávvu: Sámi tent) to eat a dinner made from exclusive reindeer meat. You are invited to be a part of the sámi reindeer herder's real life. A professional reindeer herder will introduce you to his reindeer in their home environment. One hour after you have left the urban life behind you, you will be in a completely different environment where the reindeer are at the center. This is a region where people are few and the animals reign. Before we return to Kiruna, we will visit a small village to show how the Sami people live today. There is a Sami manufacturer of silver jewelery that we visit, there is an opportunity to buy exclusive jewelery. Your stay can be memorable, restful and at the same time refreshing for body and soul. Something to take with you into the future.
- Duration of the tour: 7 hours.
- Recommended from: 5 years.
- Including: Guide from pick-up to drop off.
- Included food: Traditional Sami food, fried smoked reindeer meat, with pita bread. Blueberry and lingonberry drink, coffee & tea. / Food allergies or intolerances are inform at the time of booking.
- Included: Transfer by through the winter landscape, From Kiruna to Silkkimuotka reindeer corral (Camp) / round trip.
- Included: Winter jacket and warm winter shoes, Must be notified when booking. Enter size.
- Equipment: Warm winter shoes and outdoor clothing are recommended, winter hat and gloves. Click here for more information.
- Departure Monday. Day trip from Kiruna 08.30 - 15.30 December-April Price adult: 9000 SEK / 4 People.