A trip to the mountain in Torneträsk-Soppero nature reserve in northern Lapland gives you an unforgettable memory for life.
When visiting the mountain you can see the majestic northern lights. The mountain is considered one of the best vantage points in the nature reserve. We leave city life in Kiruna for an evening and head east on Northern lights road 45. The road leads us to the wilderness into the heart of northern Lapland. About an hour's trip by minibus takes us to the foot of the mountain and from there we walk about 1000 meters up to our camp on the mountain top. The hike goes on trampled paths, even if the snow comes. We go with a headlamp, After walking 700 meters we reach the tree line and the rest is bare mountain, and when we reach the top we have a fantastic mile-wide view. The absence of city light improves the starry sky and hopefully we can see the Northern Lights. At the top of the mountain we have a camp, here you will be served freshly baked pancakes.
- Duration about: 7 hours.
- Suitable for: Medium condition, moderate condition. Moderately difficult activity.
- Including: Guide from pick-up to drop off.
- Included food: pancakes, blueberry and lingonberry drinks, coffee & tea. / Food allergies, intolerances are announced at the time of booking.
- Included: Transfer by minibus or car / round trip.
- Included: Headlamp.
- Equipment: Warm outdoor clothing is recommended, good warm waterproof higher hiking shoes because it can be wet on the paths.
- Departures Wednesday and Saturday: Evening tour from Kiruna 17.00 - 24.00 October to December Price: 1795 SEK
Good to know
When booking any of our Northern Lights products with us, we can not guarantee that you will see the Northern Lights. But we will do our best for you to experience the northern lights.
Welcome to us!